Come to the Quiet: A Guided Silent Retreat with Spiritual Direction
This retreat has minimal structure and is a guided silent retreat. During this retreat, participants yield their voices and their electronic devices for 48 hours as they share companionable silence together as a community. (Speaking to staff is always allowed if you need assistance or have an emergency.)
You are free to spend the time any way you like; wander along the nature trail and prayer path, walk the labyrinth, journal, read, reflect, pray, rest or whatever makes you happy.
Each participant has one allotted session with our spiritual director.
The retreat begins on Thursday with check-in at the Well House between 2pm-4pm and then on to Sisters House. There will be a group gathering to introduce ourselves and set our intention for sharing two days of silence in community.
On Saturday morning, we will gather to reclaim our voices, and share our impressions of what coming to the quiet and being in silence meant to each of us. The retreat will end after lunch on Saturday unless you make reservations to extend your stay through Saturday night.
The cost of the retreat includes:
- Two nights’ accommodations at the Sisters House in a private room with screened-in porch and private bath. Private in-room coffee service with tea selection and coffee provided with access to a shared kitchen. You are welcome to bring beverages or supplemental food items.
- All meals are included and can be enjoyed at the Well House or at the Sisters House (with to-go boxes).
- A one-hour private session of spiritual direction with Carmen San Juan.
- Foot soak with essential oils.
- A copy of Well’s Prayer Path Meditation Booklet, and other relevant materials, to enhance the experience of your silent retreat.
This retreat is limited to four participants.
Meet Your Retreat Guide
Carmen San Juan
Carmen is a graduate of the Charlotte Spirituality Center. A Spiritual Director who honors all faith traditions creating a calm, accepting space in which people can sit and explore the movements of their life. Carmen is grounded in Ignatian Spirituality and the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius. Carmen enjoys her role as a Spiritual Director at Well of Mercy as well as leading spiritual retreats.
Want to Extend Your Stay?
Contact our office at 704-539-5449 to inquire about overnight reservation openings in conjunction with this event.
Office hours: Wednesday – Saturday 10am-5pm. 704-539-5449
If this event is sold out, you can be added to the Waitlist by emailing our office with your name and retreat title to Mercy@wellofmercy.org.
Well of Mercy is a ministry of hospitality and healing sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
Begins: March 14, 2024 @ 2PM
Ends: March 16, 2024 @ 1:30PM