Soaking in Silence with Spiritual Direction
During “Soaking in Silence”, participants will yield their voices and their electronic devices for 48 hours as they share companionable silence together as a community. (Speaking to staff is always allowed if you need assistance or have an emergency.)
Each participant will have allotted one session with our spiritual director.
The retreat begins on Thursday with check-in at the Sisters House between 10:30am – 11:30am. We gather for lunch at noon to introduce ourselves and set our intention for sharing two days of silence in community. While you soak in the sweetness of silence, you are free to spend the time any way you like. You may wander along the nature trail and prayer path, walk the labyrinth, journal, read for pleasure, or whatever makes you happy. On Saturday morning, we will gather to reclaim our voices, and share our impressions of what soaking in silence meant to each of us. The retreat will end at 11:00 am Saturday.
The cost of the retreat is $380, which includes:
- Two nights’ accommodations at the Sisters House in a private room with a screened-in porch and private bath. Private in-room coffee service, with access to a shared kitchen/refrigerator. You are welcome to bring beverages or supplemental food items.
- All meals are served in the Sisters House beginning with lunch Thursday through breakfast on Saturday. Snacks, tea, and coffee provided.
- A one-hour private session of spiritual direction with Jane Motsinger.
- Foot soak with essential oils.
- A copy of Well’s Prayer Path Meditation Booklet, and other relevant materials, to enhance the experience of Soaking in Silence.
This retreat is limited to four participants.
Meet the Presenter
Jane Motsinger is a Spiritual Director at Well of Mercy and is a graduate of the Hesychia School of Spiritual Direction. Jane has been a licensed lay preacher at Galloway Memorial Episcopal Church in Elkin, NC for the past 7 years. She is an avid bird watcher, a lover of and advocate for God’s creation, and enjoys leading retreats at Well of Mercy.
If this event is sold out, you can be added to the WaitList by emailing our office with your name and retreat title to Mercy@wellofmercy.org.
Well of Mercy is a ministry of hospitality and healing sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
Begins: June 15, 2023 @10:30AM
Ends: June 17, 2023 @ 11AM