Soaking in Silence-December
Discover the peace and serenity that come when you are relieved of the sound of your own voice and from the responsibility of listening and responding to others. In silence, when you experience the joy of just being who you are in the moment, you are free to hear the music of nature and the beating of your own hearts. You become more attuned to the world around you, and you reconnect with the Divine presence. In silence, you are better able to hear the still, small voice of God offering you wisdom, guidance, and clarity for your journey.
During “Soaking in Silence”, participants will yield their voices and their electronic devices for 48 hours as they share companionable silence together as a community. Each participant will have allotted one session with our spiritual director. (Speaking to staff is always allowed if you need assistance or have an emergency.)
This retreat is limited to four participants. The retreat begins on Friday with check-in at the Sisters House between 10:30am – 11:30am, and gathering for lunch at noon to introduce ourselves and set our intention for sharing two days of silence in community. While you soak in silence, you are free to spend the time any way you like. You may wander along the nature trail and prayer path, walk the labyrinth, journal, read for pleasure, whatever makes you happy. On Sunday morning, we will gather to reclaim our voices, and share our impressions of what soaking in silence meant to each of us. The retreat will end at 11:00am Sunday.
The cost of the retreat is $380, which includes:
- Two nights’ accommodations at the Sisters House in a private room with screened-in porch and private bath. Private in-room coffee service, with access to a refrigerator. You are welcome to bring beverages or supplemental food items.
- All meals are served in the Sisters House beginning with lunch Friday through breakfast on Sunday. Snacks, tea, and coffee provided.
- A one-hour private session of spiritual direction with Jane Motsinger.
- Foot soak with essential oils.
- A copy of Well’s Prayer Path Meditation Booklet, and other relevant materials, to enhance the experience of Soaking in Silence.
Come experience the silence in this special home where the Sisters lived and prayed.
Well of Mercy is a ministry of hospitality and healing sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
December 9@10:30AM-December 11@11AM