Spring into Well – Guided Hike
Visit Well of Mercy during the beauty of Springtime.
Learn how connecting with, and caring for, the land can be a meditative endeavor—and how we can act in ways that contribute to a sustainable future for the Earth. This afternoon hike and exploration of nature focuses on Well’s beautiful 110 acres and our active practice of conservation.
- Come for a “Behind The Scenes” walkabout of the grounds.
- Look and listen as Kevin Campbell, native plant expert, identifies native and cultivated plants/flora.
- Hike along the trails and wooded areas.
- Visit the restored meadow and discuss the habitat that invites pollinators including Monarch butterflies.
- Walk to the Sacred Circle and see the aged Catalpa tree and listen to stories of possible origin.
- Observe the beauty of nature.
- Connect with restorative qualities of being in nature.
- Receive a gift from the property so you can have your own little piece of Well of Mercy.
Meet the Presenter
Kevin Campbell is a Nurseryman, outdoorsman, who grows native plants and trees, and works to save our pollinators. Kevin is the landscape coordinator and native plant expert at Well of Mercy.
Want to Extend Your Stay?
Contact our office at 704-539-5449 to inquire about overnight reservation openings in conjunction with this event.
Office hours: Wednesday – Saturday 10am-5pm.
If you would like to attend this event but are financially unable to do so, please contact our office. There are a few partial scholarships available.
If this event is sold out, you can be added to the WaitList by emailing our office with your name and retreat title to Mercy@wellofmercy.org.
Well of Mercy is a ministry of hospitality and healing sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
Begins: March 22, 2023 @1PM
Ends: March 22, 2023 @ 4:30PM